- This Green World, Rutherford Platt--one of my all time favorite books about plants. Enthralling.
- Perennials Vols. 1 & 2 by Roger Phillips & Martyn Rix
- Dictionary of Gardening, Nicholson (1896)
- An Encyclopedia of Gardening, W. P. Wright (1911)
- Eyewitness Handbooks: Herbs (by Lesley Bremness), Perennials
- Flowers & Fruit, Colette
- Gentians, Fritz Köhlein
- The Genus Primula, Josef Halda
- Mountain Flowers in Color, Huxley
- The New Garden Encyclopedia 1943 Victory Garden Edition, E. L. D. Seymour, ed. ---a wonderful garden companion & beautiful line drawings.
- Penstemons, Robert Nold
- Penstemons, Dee Strickler
- Plants of Southern Interior British Columbia, Parish - Coupé - Lloyd
- Popular Flowers, E. S. Rand, Jr. (1876)
- Taylor's Encyclopedia of Gardening, Norman Taylor ed.
- The Rock Garden Month by Month, Jefferson-Brown & Upward
- Scented Flora of the World, Roy Genders --this and the next title are amongs the most useful for building your collection of fragrant plants.
- The Scented Garden, Rosemary Verey
- Winter Botany, William Trelease
- Handy Farm Devices and How to Make them, Rolfe Cobleigh, The Lyons Press
- Annuals & Biennials, Phillips & Rix
- Wild Berries of the West, Derig & Fuller
- Plants of the Lewis & Clark Expedition, H. Wayne Phillips
Resources & Recommended Reading
Gardening, herbs, nature and other related things:
Lists, Lore & Recipes from PGRPN What plant where, interesting uses and history, and of course cooking & home use recipes:
·Useful & curious Plants for uses from culinary to landscaping to perfumery; historical and traditional uses & lore.
·Tasty Recipes for cooking with herbs and flowers, including our famous Rose recipes. Cheesecake, anyone?
·Helpful How-to tips for growing and enjoying herbs and flowers, gardening with wildlife, etc.
· On-line Resources Other on-line gardening, cooking and garden- arts related places to visit, including
some great science blogs we follow.
· Books Our favorite garden reading--encyclopedias, hiker's wildflower guides, essays (this page)
Favorite Books for reference, Curiosity and
Enjoyment of Plants & Gardening.